Jul 6, 2009

July 4 2009

Rog and I had a great family and friend July 4th picnic at our house. We had such a good time but it was so terrible hot that I wished I had planned the party for evening instead of noon. I have learned from this experience and will think things through planning my next get together.

My sister and her family came to visit on Friday before the 4th. We went to Lake Sumter Landing in The Villages on Friday night . Every evening The Villages have happy hour in the Square with live music. We walked and shopped until the music started then we bought a drink and sat back and enjoyed the music and watched people dance. Later we ate at one of the restaurants at the square. Food was okay (not great) and the atmosphere was too noisy with a few drunk people spoiling it for the rest of us. Overall we had a good time and my sis enjoyed the retirement village.

The next day mom and step dad came down from Georgia. I love being with them and I was very excited for my friends to meet my family. Everyone brought loads of food and we all ate till we could hold no more food. It was nice for my friends to get to sit around and visit with my family. All seemed to have a good time even though it was 103 degrees outside. We all survived the heat and had a good day.

At dark we took my sister and family to the lake to watch the fireworks from our boat. The trip was very relaxing and we saw some great fireworks. I love it when other people spend their money on super fireworks and I enjoy them free of charge. Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment